A CALL FOR MULTI-NATIONAL RESEARCH PROJECTS ON HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE FOR NEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASES
On January 8, 2018, the EU Joint Programme – Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) launched a joint transnational call to support health and social care research and innovation.
Current research suggests strong potential for improving quality of life for those living with neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease, with novel health and social care concepts and innovations focusing on the preservation of dignity, independence and social inclusion. Nevertheless, the availability and quality of such services vary considerably across Europe and beyond.
In this context, JPND is inviting multi-national research teams to submit proposals for ambitious, innovative and multi-disciplinary collaborative projects that address health and social care at both the macro level of systems and infrastructures and the individual level of patients, carers and families.
Funding: The total made available for this call is 21 million euros (from all participating countries). Under this call, each country funds their own national participants in successful collaborative proposals, according to their national budget allocation.
Participating JPND countries
The funding organisations that have agreed to participate in this joint call are listed below. The call will be conducted simultaneously by the funding organisations in their respective countries and coordinated centrally by the Joint Call Secretariat.
- Australia, National Health and Medical Research Council
- Belgium, Research Foundation Flanders
- Canada, Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Czech Republic, Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports
- Denmark, Innovation Fund Denmark
- Denmark, Velux Fonden
- Finland, Academy of Finland
- France, French National Research Agency
- Germany, Federal Ministry of Education and Research
- Ireland, Health Research Board
- Italy, Ministry of Health
- Luxembourg, National Research Fund
- Netherlands, The Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development
- Norway, The Research Council of Norway
- Poland, National Centre for Research and Development
- Slovakia, Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
- Spain, National Institute of Health Carlos III
- Sweden, Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare
- Switzerland, Swiss National Science Foundation
- Turkey, Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey
- United Kingdom, UK Alzheimer’s Society
Deadline: Pre-proposals must be submitted no later than 23:59h C.E.T. on March 6, 2018, via the electronic submission tool.
Where can I get more information about this call? Links to the relevant documents and resources can be found below:
Call text – download all specific information about the call. [PDF]
Call procedures – description of the evaluation procedure and decision-making process applied for this call. [PDF]
Country-specific information – all requirements and details from participating funding organisations.
Pre-proposal template – mandatory for creating proposals. No other formats are accepted.
Pre-proposal guidelines – information on formal conditions and guidelines for the preparation of pre-proposals. [PDF]
Proposal Submission Tool – mandatory for submitting proposals. No other routes are accepted.
Joint Call Secretariat representatives are available for questions:
Dr. Sabrina Voß, email@example.com, (+49) 228-3821 2111
Dr. Olaf Krüger, firstname.lastname@example.org, (+49) 228-3821 2111