It builds on and updates the framework set out in the original Research Strategy that was released in 2012 to ensure that it continues to have impact in the research community and among policymakers. The 2018 edition will be published later this year following consultations with JPND’s stakeholder communities.
The strategy identifies five thematic priorities for future research:
- The origins and progression of neurodegenerative disease
- Disease mechanisms and models
- Diagnosis, prognosis and disease definitions
- Developing therapies, preventive strategies and interventions
- Healthcare and social care
The full 2018 Research and Innovation Strategy will be available for download soon.