Leading Portuguese experts and policy makers met in Lisbon on July 11th to discuss future research directions and collaborations for neurodegeneration research
Portuguese representatives from the JPND Management Board recently organised a meeting on July 11th 2013 in Lisbon, to discuss implementation of the JPND Strategic Research Agenda.
The meeting was organised by FCT (Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia), to discuss future research directions and collaborations among relevant national stakeholders including:
- Ministry of Health and Ministry of Science, PT
- Groups responsible for planning national strategies related to neurodegenerative diseases (ND)
- Groups involved in ND-related projects such as "Mapping Dementia in Portugal"
- Groups supporting social activities dedicated to Alzheimer’s Disease
- Stakeholder organizations representing patients, industry, research centers & universities
- Other relevant pan-European research initiatives (SHARE-ERIC, EIP-AHA and AAL)
A scientific session in the afternoon involved Portuguese researchers from successfully-funded JPND consortia as well as representatives from relevant national research networks.
JPND was representated at the meeting by Management Board member Maria dos Anjos Macedo.
The draft programme for the meeting (in English and Portuguese) is available for download at the link below:
Presentations delivered at the event will be available shortly on the FCT website link below: