Representatives of industry and patient organisations have joined the JPND Scientific Advisory Board
Since 2010, the JPND Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) has been delivering independent, strategic advice to the JPND Management Board for:
- the establishment of its Strategic Research Agenda (SRA)
- the ongoing implementation of priorities identified in the strategy
- future strategy revision and stakeholder engagement
Members of the SAB provide recognised leadership across the three JPND thematic areas – scientific, medical and social/policy, including public health.
Recognising the importance of JPND engagement with its stakeholders, the SAB membership was recently expanded to provide scientific leadership from two major JPND stakeholder groups industry and patient organisations.
JPND is delighted to announce that the following candidates have accepted invitations from JPND to join the membership of the SAB:
Representatives of Industry
- François Nicolas, Director of Neurology PET MDx, GE Healthcare
- Thomas Rooney, Head of Translational Research, Neurodegenerative Diseases Group, Sanofi
Representatives of Patient Organisations
- Brian Fiske, Vice President of Research Programs, Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research, USA
- Charles Scerri, University of Malta and Honorary Secretary, Alzheimer Europe
- Eric Karran, Director of Research, Alzheimer’s Research UK