The Network of Centres of Excellence in Neurodegeneration (CoEN) is now accepting applications to its 2017 Pathfinder III call.
CoEN is an international initiative involving nine research funders in Europe and Canada that aims to build productive collaborative research activity in neurodegeneration research across borders. CoEN is aligned with JPND although it operates as an independent entity.
With this latest call, CoEN seeks to address the need for innovative research to underpin new approaches to therapeutic intervention. It is expected that teams will combine the research strengths across centres of excellence (CoEs) in at least two partner countries to provide a true value-added collaborative effort that will advance our approach to neurodegeneration research.
This call for Pathfinder projects is being launched by seven of the nine research funders that are members of CoEN:
- Agence Nationale de la Recherche, ANR (France)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research, CIHR (Canada)
- Deutsches Zentrum für Neurodegenerative Erkrankungen, DZNE (Germany)
- Instituto de Salud Carlos III, ISCIII (Spain)
- Ministero della Salute, MDS (Italy)
- Medical Research Council, MRC (UK)
- Science Foundation Ireland, SFI (Republic of Ireland)
These seven agencies are contributing approximately €5.5M to fund awards made under the call involving their national CoEs.
To learn more about the call and to apply, visit the CoEN call page.