Bruno Dubois is currently Professor of Neurology at the Neurological Institute of the Salpétrière University Hospital at Paris, University Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6. He is Director of the Behavioural Neurology Department and of the Dementia Research Center at the Hospital. He is also Director of the Research Unit Inserm U-610 of the ICM (Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epinière) of the Hospital. He is coordinator of the National Reference Center on Rare Dementias and of the National Reference Center for young-onset Alzheimer patients. He is President of the Scientific Committee of France-Alzheimer and of IFRAD (International Fund Raising for Alzheimers disease), consultant for the Human Frontier Program and Expert of the French Agency of Drugs. He is a member of the European Alzheimer Disease Consortium (EADC). He has published on anatomical and biochemical studies on the central cholinergic systems in rodents and humans; on cognitive neuropharmacology; and on neuropsychology in patients with dementia, with special reference to memory and executive functions. He recently organized an Expert Consensus on the new criteria for Alzheimers disease and a Task Force on the new criteria for Parkinsons disease dementia. He is principal or co-investigator of a number of research programs focusing on AD, prodromal AD and dementia in Parkinsons disease.
- Thiebaut de Schotten M, Urbanski M, Duffau H., Volle E, Levy R, Dubois B, Bartolomeo P. Direct evidence for a parietal-frontal pathway subserving spatial awareness in humans. Science. 2005 Sep 30; 309(5744):2226-8.
- Pochon JB, Levy R, Fossati P, Lehericy S, Poline JB, Pillon B, Lebihan D, Dubois B. The neural system that bridges reward and cognition in humans: An fMRI study. PNAS, 2002, 99:5669-5674.
- Dubois B, Albert ML. Amnestic MCI or prodromal Alzheimers disease? Lancet Neurol. 2004 Apr;3(4):246-8
- Le Ber I, Guedj E, Gabelle A, Verpillat P, Volteau M, Thomas-Anterion C, Decousus M, Hannequin D, Vera P, Lacomblez L, Camuzat A, Didic M, Puel M, Lotterie JA, Golfier V, Bernard AM, Vercelletto M, Magne C, Sellal F, Namer I, Michel BF, Pasquier J, Salachas F, Bochet J, French Research network on FTD/FTD-MND, Brice A, Habert MO, Dubois B. Demographic, neurological and behavioural characteristics and brain perfusion SPECT in frontal variant of frontotemporal dementia. Brain, 2006 Nov; 129(Pt 11): 3051-65
- Dubois B, Feldman H, Jacova C, DeKosky ST, Barberger-Gateau P, Cummings J, Delacourte A, Galasko D, Gauthier S, Jicha G, Meguro K, OBrien J, Pasquier F, Robert P, Rossor M, Salloway S, Stern Y, Visser PJ., Scheltens P. Research criteria for the Diagnosis of Alzheimers disease: revising of the NINCDS-ADRDA criteria. Lancet Neurol. 2007 Aug; 6(8):734-46.